Keg Pouring All Foam

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

UFgood

Reaction score
keg is cold
line is long
foam in line
not overcarbed
slight gargling sound when pouring
dont seem to be losing any pressure

Bad O ring? Gaskets?

Something clogging the dip tube causing turbulence and foam? I think I'd disconnect the QD first, disassemble and clean and reattach. Or use a different one. If you have multiple faucets, what happens when you switch the line?

Did you dry hop or add something like coffee beans or cocoa nibs or...something like that?

And this is very unlikely, but if you have a hole in your dip tube, or it's not fully sealed somehow (more likely), you may be leaking CO2 into the line along with the beer.

Just some ideas.

keg is kept at 40. didnt dryhop its a Kolsch. going to take apart dip tube and try switching taps.

Didn’t we just have this conversation? Check your dip tube and QDs. If that doesn’t fix it then let it sit. I find that my beers can take a lot more pressure as time goes on.

keg is cold
line is long
foam in line
not overcarbed
slight gargling sound when pouring
dont seem to be losing any pressure

Bad O ring? Gaskets?
If there is foam in the beer line the most likely cause is the small o-ring under the Out dip tube flange is missing or damaged, allowing CO2 in the head space to be injected into the beer stream.

Next is a partial plug in the poppet, or the disconnect, or the long dip tube.
Then there's the over-carbed keg case, followed by the frozen keg.
Last would be a pin hole high up on the keg Out dip tube. I've read of two of those.

Work through it...

Cheers!

What pressure are you using to push the beer? I find 6-8 psi is ideal for my system. If I get it too high I have really bad foaming issues.

Back