Keg Fermenter

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hio3791

Reaction score
Any one using these 'kegmenters'?

https://www.williamsbrewing.com/132-GALLON-KEGMENTER-Actual-Shipping-P4223.aspx

I'm interested in finding a fermenter that can be used for 5 and 10 gal batches, has a smaller footprint than 2 buckets/carboys and can be used for pressure fermentation and closed transfers.

I've looked into the Brewbuckets and while they're beautiful, I'm not interested in making my fermenters a show piece. I would also like to get the smallest fridge that could house the fermenter and keep it in the garage year round.

While looking at converting Sanke kegs into fermenters, I came across these and it seems to check my list. Looking to see if anyone has these and would share their impression! If you have pics, please share those too!

I have both the Kegmenter and the Kegco Bite tank. They are pretty much exactly the same except the Kegmenter is 13 gallons and the Kegco is a 1/2 barrel. They are the same width and can be stacked with each other.

I like them a lot. Pressure fermenting and pressure transfers are great. I just transferred a 5 gallon batch using only the natural fermentation gas to a corny.

Attachments

• IMG_1354.JPG
    IMG_1354.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 81
I have both the Kegmenter and the Kegco Bite tank. They are pretty much exactly the same except the Kegmenter is 13 gallons and the Kegco is a 1/2 barrel. They are the same width and can be stacked with each other.

I like them a lot. Pressure fermenting and pressure transfers are great. I just transferred a 5 gallon batch using only the natural fermentation gas to a corny.

+1

I have two of the Beverage Factory Brite Tanks and use them all the time for 10gal pressurized fermentation. I use the ClearBeer Draught system to get clean samples and to transfer the finished beer into corney kegs. The only thing that would make it better is a thermowell in the cap. I had Jaybird at Norcal Brewing put one in for me, and I drilled and silver soldered the other myself, Now I can monitor the actual temperature of the wort while fermenting.

Thinking about getting another.

I agree. A thermowell would be nice. I have the adhesive thermometer on these. I'm sure they are not 100% accurate but I get in the ball park.

Latest posts

Back