Keg carbing?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikeljcarr

Reaction score
Im relatively new to kegging and am just doing the set it and forget it method. I'm putting it in the keezer and just sample it now and again. Is that ok or should it be conditioned in the keg for a while before it's refrigerated?

Nope, you're on the right track. It's best to carbonate while the beer is in the fridge because CO2 is more easily absorbed into cold beer.

By set it and forget it I assume that means you're using a CO2 tank rather than priming sugar to carbonate it?

Give it time too. I just started kegging this year, attach and leave it as well and even though it's hard to give it a good 2 weeks, if not more. It takes a while.

Theck, what's your PSI? I've had properly carbed beer after 4-5 days @ 12PSI.

It depends in your temp, there is a chart somewhere with that info. Mine is 11psi at little less than 40 degrees (fridge fluctuates). I have an xmas ale that took almost 3 weeks and at think 7 or 8 right now it's very very good. The Hefe took a good 10 to 12 days, maybe it has something to do with abv?

My beers are lightly carbed at 4-5 days however for mine to stablize at serving PSI it usually takes about 7-10 days or so

Toy4Rick

Back