Keg c02 leak?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

s89bunton

Reaction score
So I'm new to kegging. Bought and filled my first pin lock keg yesterday. It's refurbished with all new orings. I charged the keg with 30 psi and when I removed the gas from the keg noticed there was a small amount of bubbling on the c02 nipple. Not sure if this is a slow leak or what. ImageUploadedByHome Brew1400756289.893101.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

its very possible that your co2 post doesn't seat perfectly every time you disconnect it. My question would be why are you disconnecting the co2? you can get a rebuild kit for the post if you want, but there normally isn't any reason that you need to disconnect the co2.

I was told by my local shop owner to charge the keg twice a day at 30psi for 3 days. His reasoning for disconnecting was that you can unknowingly damage that o ring on there and have all your c02 leak out over those three days.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

If I saw that I'd probably replace the poppet with a new universal one, they cost all of 2.50 a pop and they allow me to pull kegs from the kegerator if I need space without fearing that all the co2 will bleed out.

Mine do that once in a while, try pushing the poppet down with a screw driver or something and releasing it. Basically reset the seal, works most of the time for me, until I can rebuild the keg with new seals.

Back