keg ageing

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dmanshane

Reaction score
Has anyone used a keg to age beer as in using priming sugar in keg and letting it set for a while not in a fridge. But more like in a cool dark basement room ?

And also could i give it a good shot of co2 bleed o2 out and then leave it... i don't want to have to leave it hooked to a co2 tank

1. Yes, some people do this exclusively. You'll need to be sure you're getting a good seal from your poppets, though. I don't do this because the poppets on my kegs need to be switched out. They don't hold pressure when the lines aren't attached. If you prime in the keg, just bear in mind that you'll get some additional solids in the bottom of the keg.

2. Yes, you could do this. But I think that the folks who condition in the keg leave a bit of pressure in there to keep the lid sealed. That makes it more difficult to calculate volumes of CO2, though. That's another reason I just force carbonate.

I just hook the co2 up and set it about 12 and wait a week of I want more or less carb adjust accordingly

Latest posts

Back