Keezer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lazarus0530

Reaction score
I guys and ladies .
I have a question. It's kind of silly but it's killing me.
I just finished my keezer and am quite proud of it.
I put my tap thru the collar .. Now I don't know how to hook up my houses. I've been looking and looking and no one has an answer. Do I need an adapter to screw into or onto the shank? I would imagine the house goes into the shaft and not screw over it. I took some photos and can take more. I'm clueless now
Any help would be well... Helpful

image-3222086671.jpg

image-296743818.jpg

Ok .. So that does screw on over the shank and the nipple like thing goes into the shank?
Thank you.

No. The nipple like thing goes to the outside of the shank. The beer tubing that runs from the keg to the shank attaches to the barbed connector and the hose clamp tightens it up. Works like a champ - I use the same thing.

You also might want to do yourself a favor and spend an extra buck on a wingnut vs. the standard hex nut ( Winged Nut, Beer )

Eventually you'll probably want to have a couple of different lengths of lines so you can serve different styles at their proper carbonation levels. Having the wingnuts makes it easy to swap back and forth.

Gotcha! Now I see. And now I need longer shanks. I got the three inch ones but my collar is 3 inches.... I'm a dope,
I hope they sell longer shanks then.

Latest posts

Back