Keezer snag

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

donshizzles

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Ok I need some ideas here on how to keep the lid of my chest freezer to stay open.......

I've already put the collar on, insulated around the inside of the lid and reattached the spring hinges on the back but its now too heavy to stay open on its own. I was thinking of a hydraulic strut attached to it but no idea if thats been done or where to get one. Or I was thinking something like a rod that can manually drop down and wedge in place like car hoods have. Just at a total loss as to how to attach either of these ideas.

:confused:

Where's your keezer located?

If next to an exposed stud wall, you can use a rope , a pulley, and a counterweight...........Same as an old window sash weight.
Or just an eyelet in your collar, and a corresponding rope and hook on the wall.........

Simplest would be to fashion a prop stick of optimal length. But I like the idea of a hydraulic strut. As you have the collar you can anchor one end to the inside of that, then figure out how to tie the other end to some meaty part of the lid and you're in bidness...

Cheers!

Where's your keezer located?

If next to an exposed stud wall, you can use a rope , a pulley, and a counterweight...........Same as an old window sash weight.
Or just an eyelet in your collar, and a corresponding rope and hook on the wall.........

Ya know this could be a really kick butt idea. Its going to be a piece a furniture in our game room/mancave area so finding a stud would be easy. I could get a really cool looking vintage pulley to mount along with a vintage looking cleat to tie off the bottom rope (nautical theme works since we are on the ocean). I LIKE this idea!!!!!

:ban: :rockin:

I used some gas struts from old truck bed toppers

image-4066573101.jpg

image-3903272378.jpg

Latest posts

Back