Keezer problems.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wiche Pres

Reaction score
Hi there, I'm new to the forum and to home brewing. I turn my old home made kegerator into a 2 tap keezer. 1st tap is for commercial kegs the 2nd is for my home brew. I had a co2 leak on my commr. tap that drought all the co2 from both kegs. I haven't been able to fix the commr.tap so haven't re tap that keg but my homebrew keg has air a foam the lines and is not pouring properly don't know what to do. Any insight would help. Thanks.
1520799068314.jpeg
1520799146655.jpeg

Looking at that pour my bet is the small O-ring that goes under the long dip tube flange on the beer Out side is missing or damaged.
This allows CO2 in the keg head space to be injected directly into the beer stream at the Out post.
Remove your gas line, depressurize the keg (latch the PRV open), remove the Out post, pull the dip tube, see what's up under there...

Cheers!

If that O-ring is installed and appears undamaged, other possible causes include a clogged Out dip tube, Out post and/or beer disconnect, and our favorite - an epically over-carbonated keg of beer...

Cheers!

If that O-ring is installed and appears undamaged, other possible causes include a clogged Out dip tube, Out post and/or beer disconnect, and our favorite - an epically over-carbonated keg of beer...

Cheers!
Everything looks good. Seems like is over-carbonated. What can I do?

Can you describe how you carbonated the keg?
The typical method is to shut off the gas feed, latch the PRV open, and check after 24 hours. Repeat if necessary.
Otoh, if a keg is crazy over-carbed, more dramatic methods may be appropriate...

Cheers!

My local home brewer supply told me to leav't on 35 psi for 3 days . Blow it off every day. So I also did after my 1st issue. The up side down trick did the job well after over - carbonated issue. Thanks for the help.

Uh oh.
Was the beer cold when you did the 35 psi for 3 days? That would result in an epically over-carbed keg of beer for sure.

When folks are determined to do the "burst carb" thing they typically go 30 psi for 24 hours, then dial down to "chart pressure" and burp the head space to drop down to the lower setting.
After a couple of days those folks usually claim the beer is decently carbonated...

Cheers!

Yes, the beer was cold. What other way would you recommend for fermentation? Here is a picture of what it looks like after the up side down trick.
20180314_172955.jpg

Thank you for the insight.

Back