Keezer Probe Location

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dttk0009

Reaction score
Hey folks,

Was just curious where you guys and gals put your probes inside your keezers. I'm trying to get my beer to 4C, but so far, the methods I've tried don't really get me there.

I tried putting the probe in a 1.5L coke bottle filled with water. My tapped beer was at 13C. I then tried dangling at the same temperature, which brought the beer to 10C. I've now set the temperature of the keezer down to -4C as an offset, hoping that it'll bring the beer to the correct temp.

Unfortunately, I'm worried that once the keg empties, the beer will get colder and colder if I just use the dangling method, so I'm wondering if anyone has any tricks?

Anyone strapping the probe to the corny keg? Any other advice?

I have mine in a cup of water. It will take awhile for a keg to reach 4C, just be patient. Just hanging it in the keezer causes too much of a temp swing IMO. I don't want my unit cycling on and off more than it needs to.

I had it in there for about a week, after it came out of cold crashing, and it was 10C with the probe set to 4C in the water bottle. Dunno why but the keg just gets so much warmer than the setting.

When I measure temp, I go by directly measuring after filling a glas with a bit.

Back