Keezer lid gasket

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EKennett

Reaction score
For you guys who are attaching your freezer lids to your collars so the whole thing swings up off the freezer body, what are you using as a gasket? I tried two different types of weatherstripping and I either can't get the bend tight enough for the corners or I can't get it to stick to the collar. I am all but DONE with my keezer except for this minor annoyance :drunk:

I have the collar screwed on top of my freezer lip with a 3/4"x1/2" high density weather stripping between them. That gap is sealed very nicely with this setup. The original freezer lid gasket is all I use for the lid-collar area.

Are you just trying to bend it around the frame so it's all one continuous piece?
If so, just cut it and join it at the corners.

I used a high density weather stripping and cut it. It's joined at the corners with a fairly tight seal. I also squeezed a little caulk in there just to make sure there were no leaks. I also used liquid nails to glue it down because it wasn't sticking too well. Hope that helps!

rswilson411 said:
I used a high density weather stripping and cut it. It's joined at the corners with a fairly tight seal. I also squeezed a little caulk in there just to make sure there were no leaks. I also used liquid nails to glue it down because it wasn't sticking too well. Hope that helps!

That does help. Ill try the liquid nails and caulk in the gaps. Thanks.

I just finished mine yesterday. I cut the weatherstripping also and used silicone to hold it down and seal up the corners.

I know it's been awhile, but do you have any pictures of this? I am trying the weatherstripping trick on my gasket and not quite sure where to put it.

Thanks!

Back