Keezer fans not lasting

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sancycling

Reaction score
I built a simple keezer with a wood collar and added two old computer fans to recirculate air continiously.
Those two fans started to make a lot of noise, even my neighbor made a comment. I live in an apartment. He didn't complain, otherwise he would not get any of my homebrew!!! But the point is that they were loud.
A couple of weeks ago I replaced them with two new fans. Simple 4in plastic 12V computer fans, nothing fancy. I've noticed that they are starting to become loud. I believe the cold temp in the keezer is killing them.

Any suggestions? Ideas?

Thanks

I use a fan like this:

https://www.homedepot.com/p/GPX-4-in-USB-Desk-Fan-AU25B/207104444

There is a whole slew of different "brand names" of these fans, but they're all about the same: 4", run off a USB wall adapter (which you'll need to have, or pick one up at the same time).

I've had one like this in my keezer for about 20 months now.

PS: It's quiet. :)

I just bought 2 good Corsair brand 120mm 3pin fans and a $3 molex powersupply on ebay. Working great so far.

Back