Keeping fermentation cool?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

danerelj

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Been trying to see if there is an answer to this but couldn't seem to find it.

At the moment the weather is rather warm and I find room Temp sitting around 26degrees celcius. I need to keep my fermentation bucket cool around 18 to 20 degrees celcius. I know a lot of people use a fridge for this but as I live in a flat I am very limited for space.

So my question is, has anyone got any other methods of keeping it cool, such as a heat sink plate, or something of the sort? I don't have a bath either only a shower before being told to chuck it in the bath ;)

Thanks in advance for your help :)

Dan

I got a big blue bucket from Walmart for about $5. I put water in the bucket and then put the fermenter in the bucket and switch out frozen two liter bottles when I wake up and Before I go to bed just until primary fermentation is done

The tub and "swamp cooler." Just try to keep the ice changed out periodically, and don't over do it. It takes time for the temp to change, so if you put a couple of frozen bottles in the water and change them every 12 hours or so, you'll keep it more stable.

Thanks for all the replies guys this has been helpful! Going to try doing the ice method :)

Back