Keegan Ales - Kingston, NY

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rustym

Reaction score
I'm going to be in Kingston, NY on Wednesday night next week and found this place doing a google search. It looks fantastic. Anyone have any experience here?

never went there but i always drink their beers when i'm at my uncles in phoenicia near kingston, ny. definitely a worthy stop if you'll be in the area! send me back some mother's milk stout:mug:

B+ overall on beeradvocate

I grew up about 15 minutes away in Rhinebeck, but they only opened after I'd grown-up and left home. Having been back to visit family, however, I can say that the two beers I tasted were worth the trip. Their milk stout definitely stood out.

Enjoy!

The mother's milk stout is incredible!
Check this out

Last edited by a moderator:
They had an awesome rueben with their own little twist on it when I went there last year, plus some other good stuff on the menu. Cool place. Mother's Milk is outstanding, along with Hurricane Kitty.

When you search Kingston, there is another brewpub that shows it (Skytop or something. It's closed.

Awesome! Thanks for the heads up! I will be going there Wednesday night. Taking orders now!

So did you wind up enjoying Keegans or was it a flop. Im sitting in my room at Rocking Horse Ranch with my sick daughter drinking the MM and HK. Both are very good beers. They also usually have another of Keegans offerings but i forget which one. Theyre out of it now.

Heyyyy!!! Reppin k town on here!!!!
Seriously though, keegan's is awesome. They have 3 main beers. Old Capital which is a golden ale is decent mother's milk the milk stout is great and hurricane kitty the ipa is also great. They also have been running experimental beers lately which I haven't had the chance to try any of. There's a local beerfest called TapNY that I go to every year and they've won many awards there.

They had an awesome rueben with their own little twist on it when I went there last year, plus some other good stuff on the menu. Cool place. Mother's Milk is outstanding, along with Hurricane Kitty.

When you search Kingston, there is another brewpub that shows it (Skytop or something. It's closed.

Skytop is still open. They're owned by the same people as Hyde Park Brewing Co. They're ok. I've never been too impressed with their beers. I think they're on hiatus as far as brewing goes, something to do with renovations.

Yes I went to Keegan's and it was awesome! I talked to Tommy Keegan for about 30 minutes and enjoyed one of their Reuban sandwiches with the Old Capital and a Hurrican Kitty. I really liked them both. They gave me a tasting of their Double kitty?? I can't remember the name of it but he told me that they actaully raise bees on the roof of the building and harvest the honey they use to make this once a year brew. That was reaal smooth. I think the ABV was artound 12%? I ended up taking a growler of the Hurricane Kitty with me and brought it home and shared it with my son who liked it as well.

That was a really cool place and If I lived there, I would most certainly be a regular. Tommy Keegan was a great guy to talk to and we talked about beer the whole time. The bartender there was named Tommy also and he was a neat guy. Gave me a lot of the musical history from the area famous for Woodstock.

Give it a try if your in the area!

Latest posts

Back