Just want to share...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice website! Keep up the good work!

Thank you!
Any recommendations would be appreciated.
One person asked about amounts in one of the recipes.
The reason I do percentages for the grain bill and IBU amounts for the bittering hops is that everyone's system is different. 5lbs of grain on my system could be 4.5 on another persons system. But I could see how it would help people ball park the bill at first and then dial it into their system.

I'd like people's thoughts on how to present recipes.

Couple thoughts after looking over your site.

• Nice design, easy to read and navigate.
  • Good looking brews
  • I'd add a separate page to navigate your different beers by style. If I were to visit your site and like how your beers look, I'll want to have a quick glance at the different beers and styles you've made, rather than viewing everything chronologically. This will help viewers locate a specific recipe that sounds appealing (which is exactly what I would do when looking at a blog like this)
  • I would second the recommendation to add the grain weights on the recipes, and keep the percentages for the reasons you listed in the last post.

Couple thoughts after looking over your site.

• Nice design, easy to read and navigate.
  • Good looking brews
  • I'd add a separate page to navigate your different beers by style. If I were to visit your site and like how your beers look, I'll want to have a quick glance at the different beers and styles you've made, rather than viewing everything chronologically. This will help viewers locate a specific recipe that sounds appealing (which is exactly what I would do when looking at a blog like this)
  • I would second the recommendation to add the grain weights on the recipes, and keep the percentages for the reasons you listed in the last post.

Thank you for the feedback!
I like the list of beer styles page...I should be able to do something like that pretty easily.
And yes I'm gonna start to include the weight of the grain.
Thank you again for taking the time to look the blog over and make some suggestions.

Sounds great man. Post back when you've made some tweaks and I'll check it out.

Ok...so I've finally made those changes to the blog.
Added the Recipes page and updated the way I do the weights for ingredients.

If you have time, please let me know what you think. Any added suggestions would be appreciated.

Looking good, I like the changes. I may take a shot at your mosaic quick sour. I've got a big surplus of mosaic hops, and my wife (too) is a fan over sours.

My first thought when I flipped through more of your pages was that it was interesting you do 2.5gal batches. Is there a particular reason for that?

Looking good, I like the changes. I may take a shot at your mosaic quick sour. I've got a big surplus of mosaic hops, and my wife (too) is a fan over sours.

My first thought when I flipped through more of your pages was that it was interesting you do 2.5gal batches. Is there a particular reason for that?

Thank you.

When I started brewing, I did 1 gallon batches in my kitchen on the stove top. Eventually I evolved into doing BIAB and doing 2 gallon batches split between two 1 gallon jugs....then that turned into 2.5 gallon batches with an electric kettle that I made from reading Homebrewtalk.com threads and other forums and blogs. 2.5 gallons was good because I had a 20amp circuit in the kitchen and that could power a 2000 watt heating element in the kettle....and I eventually upgraded to kegging in order to eliminate o2 exposure in my hoppy beers....but brewing up stairs and bringing everything up to the kitchen and then down to the basement on brew day was exhausting....

Now I've made a small area in the laundry room of the basement and since money is tight I just stayed with the 2.5 gallon size and only bought what I needed to make the space and improve the quality of the beers instead of increasing volume. Eventually...I'd like to increase volume.

Nice, hence the name laundry brewing I suppose.

Do you use 2.5/3 gal kegs?

Nice blog, very informative, eye-pleasing and not cluttered.

In winter I brew smaller BIAB batches indoors on the stove (no fun sitting in an unheated garage in Minnesota winters). I might check out some of your recipes. Thanks for sharing!

Back