Just used gelatine for first time

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dhm8484

Reaction score
Just poured gelatine in my amber ale. Using this for the first time, beer is cold crashing at 38 right now going to keg it on Tuesday. We will see how it goes and looks

I've only used it a few times. I was always under the impression the colder the better. I adding it at 32 deg. Not sure how much of a difference 32 to 38 would make

Yea I was worried because some people said it took away some hop aromas but I figured what the heck I'll try it

The Brulosophy guys did an experiment a couple years ago examining the effect of gelatin on hop presence (by way of a hazy IPA). Long story short, statistical significance wasn't achieved between fined and not fined, so you shouldn't be able to use it without worrying.

Cold crash FIRST. Let the chill haze form if its going to. Also cold helps flocculation and settling. Then pour in the dissolved gelatin.

Latest posts

Back