Just stopping in to say hi

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snowydog

Reaction score
Got an email from the forum and they were worried about my lack of participation for a while. It's nice someone notices. Any how I'm fine and all my batches have turned out excellent since I switched over to 100% DME.

I made a Coopers Dark Ale and added a cup of Molasses ( the right one without sulphates) Best batch ever.
I just started a Coopers Mexican Cervasa and I'm trying the coopers Kit enhancer , it was on sale so what the heck. 5 days in primary and hydrometer is sinking fast so will transfer to glass carboy Friday night.

Keep up the good work fellow formites. Here's to the warmer weather!

That was me bro. ;) If you can get it shipped try some northern brewer extract w/ grains instead of the cans. You're probably paying more now anyway (w/ dme).

I've found the better kits with grains cost a few bucks to 10 bucks more than the average recipe I put together. I use a Cooper's can,3lb bag of DME,& some hops. I just recombine different LME,DME,& hops to change'em into what I want. Some of those kits do seem pretty good though.
The better a kit is,the more it seems to cost from my experiences.

I try and find alternitives but there's only the Cooper Cans which are normally $15 Can and then another brand that is also made in Austraila for same price. The only Kits I have spotted out of town are the Spagnols Brew House which for $36 are not worth it. I tried 2 and they were not as good as what I'm getting with the coopers. I'm fussy about beer.
I cannot drink half the stuff sold in liquore stores anymore.Unless it's from a Micro brewery it tastes like p--s to me now. My favourites are the darks and Porters from Micro breweries. and they are $$$

I have always wanted to try adding hops but have yet to find them here. I am only a 2 hour drive from Yakima Valley were I hear they grow some of the best. Not sure how the border dudes will react to a member of the canibis family in a plain bag :)

Bottling the Cervasa tomorrow night, it's settled down and clear.

Thanks for ther replies.

I generally use Coopers or Muntons cans as a base for my brews. By the book, they or OK. With the addition of hops, yeast variations, specialty grains, various additives, and different fermentables; these make some excellent batches.

Back