Just sayin

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lolznrofls

Reaction score
Dont add alot of nutrient once the brew hits the 1/3 break if using a gallon jug..it almost instantly blew my airlock off..lmao ceiling Riesling!

Once fermentation starts, anything granulated is going to do this unless you dissolve it in a liquid first. Next time make a video. :D

That is called nucleation! You had a lot of dissolved CO2 in your wine. You can reduce this effect by taking out a little wine and dissolving the nutrients in it first and then adding the liquid back to the wine slowly. Or degas the wine first. That works best if you can vacuum degas. The electric ziplock vaccine bag pumps work really well for that. Just keep your bung on the jug and the vacuum pump fits perfectly over the small bung hole.

Use a bucket and you wont have this problem then move into a carboy when its ready. Did you put your hand on top to try to stop it foaming out, that never works:) WVMJ

Good info ladies and gentlemen..oh the trials and tribulations of being a noob. 😃👍..you are all awsome!

Use a bucket and you wont have this problem then move into a carboy when its ready. Did you put your hand on top to try to stop it foaming out, that never works:) WVMJ

I have a 6.5 gallon brew bucket for my big batches of stuff..I like making small one gallon turbo wines and ciders so I have something drinkable while im waiting one the big batches to finish out..currently I have a nice peach melomel in my primary..I have three ciders in one gallon primaries on a yeast experiment..plus a white grape peach wine on the ceiling lmao!!

Back