Just posting to Thank You guys for these Ideas!! Grain Mill and Hop Spyder!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrrrkva

Reaction score
Ran into a few bumps with my grain mill, but Finally it is done!! I couldnt get enough tension on the belt, so I built my own DIY belt tensioner!! And the Hop spider is using your ideas and BYO's DIY project. Also, thank you for the idea to insulate my MLT

:mug:

hop spider and insulation.jpg

hop spyder.jpg

belt tensioner 1.jpg

belt tensioner 2.jpg

looks good. I'd look into getting a link belt for the grain mill (can get them at woodworking stores), so your belt doesn't "take a set".

Thanks for the complements. Bad67z said it correctly, the weight of the motor keeps tension on the motor... When its not in use, I just "flip" the motor up so there is no tension on the belt to deform it. But I am open to suggestions. Without the weight of the motor, I would go thru 10-12 lbs of grain and the belt would slacken up.... and I would have to readjust the motor... this way it will go thru countless pounds. Thanks Dfess1, I will check into those.

THe second picture was just to demonstrate how I made it... Its not the operating angle, but it is where I set the motor when not in use.

Back