Just got my 3-tiered setup dialed in. Very sophisticated stuff.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thisgoestoeleven

Reaction score
45682_747906931872_60392785_n.jpg

Currently brewing a 5gal Simcoe IPA and just mixed up a 1gal batch of dry mead

Oh yeah, it works great, especially given that I'm doing full-volume all grain in a small apartment kitchen with an electric stove. I'm planning to upgrade my mash tun at some point. I'm using a bottling bucket that I wrapped up in Reflectix foil insulation and lined with mesh paint strainer bag, but it doesn't retain temperature as well as I'd like. Once I get my tax refund, I'm thinking of getting a cooler and a ball valve.

Budget builds are the best/ Innovation and repurposing components along with some good ole parts scrounging makes the coolest stuff and proves that you know how to do it. If every one had a high dollar chrome system then everyones beer would be exactly the same and lose a lot of interest pretty quick. Two thumbs up for innnovarion and 10 points for staying in budget
Wheelchair Bob

If every one had a high dollar chrome system then everyones beer would be exactly the same and lose a lot of interest pretty quick.
Wheelchair Bob

Couldn't disagree more. Ill bet many of the brewers on here with simple set ups brew circles around the most expensive systems on here.

More intricate/expensive systems do not automatically equal better beer.

More intricate/expensive systems do not automatically equal better beer.

I love the ingenuity that home brewers put into the brew process. There are a ton of ways to make beer.

I have made great beers with cobbled together equipment. I still have a kind of ghetto AG set up, but it works for me and I hit my numbers within point or two every time.

Looks good.... brew on....

Back