Just bought Perlick 525SS Faucet Shank Combo w/ Knob $25ea

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow,really guys?
If you found an obvious error, you'd want to 'keep it quiet' so they would not notice the mistake untill lots of people were able to take advantage of the situation?

If you want Perlick 525ss with shanks from Beverage factory try searching for these on Amazon. I recently bought 575ss with ss shank for $47 from their amazon store. They do charge $8 shipping per combo this way but if you only need one or two it is cheaper than $65. My 575ss with shank arrived 1 week after ordering. They may have cheaper prices on their 525ss shank combo via amazon.

Wow,really guys?
If you found an obvious error, you'd want to 'keep it quiet' so they would not notice the mistake untill lots of people were able to take advantage of the situation?

Sometimes the obvious error isn't so obvious.

I know for a fact that a large retail store would occasionally leave an item up over the weekend for less than 1/4 of the usual price. It was a tactic to get people to check out the site and for them to unload something for not a whole lot more than they likely paid for it.

As the markup for the Perlicks are likely 50% a $25 isn't too far out of line. It seems close to what they would be paying for them, but likely not much less.

We don't know that the offer came down as the result of phone calls or whether they designated a small amount to be sold at that price and then that was it.

It could be an error. It could be marketing. But either way the press from it is going to mean that folks like us will remember the site and when it comes time to buy something and we may very well consider buying from them.

Sometimes the obvious error isn't so obvious.

I know for a fact that a large retail store would occasionally leave an item up over the weekend for less than 1/4 of the usual price. It was a tactic to get people to check out the site and for them to unload something for not a whole lot more than they likely paid for it.

As the markup for the Perlicks are likely 50% a $25 isn't too far out of line. It seems close to what they would be paying for them, but likely not much less.

We don't know that the offer came down as the result of phone calls or whether they designated a small amount to be sold at that price and then that was it.

It could be an error. It could be marketing. But either way the press from it is going to mean that folks like us will remember the site and when it comes time to buy something and we may very well consider buying from them.

It was definitely an error. Blackbear called them and they had no idea what he was talking about. If it was a past sale they would recognize it. Also, you can't navigate to the item from the home page. It was probably a super super old price and they forgot to make the item unavailable for purchase.

It was definitely an error. Blackbear called them and they had no idea what he was talking about. If it was a past sale they would recognize it. Also, you can't navigate to the item from the home page. It was probably a super super old price and they forgot to make the item unavailable for purchase.

That price could have been some of those 525ss that were having leaking problems this year.

When the order goes to "processed" they itemize the list and the faucet itself is the same part # as the one they are selling on their main page so I do not think these are old/leaky faucets.

I sent an inquiry about when they expected to have my products in stock and they said they are out of faucets until tomorrow and I will get a tracking number when they're shipped.

I got in early Sat morn on this.... I'm still in the "processing" phase. Not expecting it to ever ship though, but hey, it was worth a try.

I got in early Sat morn on this.... I'm still in the "processing" phase. Not expecting it to ever ship though, but hey, it was worth a try.

The way the reply to my inquiry was worded, I didn't get that impression.

When the order goes to "processed" they itemize the list and the faucet itself is the same part # as the one they are selling on their main page so I do not think these are old/leaky faucets.

Yea I have the same itemized list, but maybe that product sku was for the other ones, who knows, its a waiting game now.

I ordered Saturday evening, and I get Order Status: Order Processing when I check to see what's up.

So far I've neither made nor gotten any calls, but I've gotten both a receipt (immediately after ordering) and an order confirmation (yesterday).

I'm very hopeful about this one. I've ordered from The Beverage Factory before (CO2 regulator) and they were easy to do business with and had very good prices.

That would be great if they actually get shipped out by the end of the week.

Guys with the itemized lists for shipping, were the shanks chrome or stainless?

I ordered Saturday evening, and I get Order Status: Order Processing when I check to see what's up.

So far I've neither made nor gotten any calls, but I've gotten both a receipt (immediately after ordering) and an order confirmation (yesterday).

I'm very hopeful about this one. I've ordered from The Beverage Factory before (CO2 regulator) and they were easy to do business with and had very good prices.

If this DOES go through, I will definitely be ordering more products from them and referring them as much as possible.

If it DOES NOT go through, they can expect the opposite.

xsists said:

Mine are due to arrive tomorrow. I'll let you know. I'm pretty sure they are chrome.

I'll be happy even with the chrome.
These are cheaper than the crappiest generic faucets I can get locally ($32 + tax + shipping), and I would much rather have a chrome Perlick than a chrome standard.

xsists said:
if this does go through, i will definitely be ordering more products from them and referring them as much as possible.

If it does not go through, they can expect the opposite.

+1

berkeleyjack said:
I'll be happy even with the chrome.
These are cheaper than the crappiest generic faucets I can get locally ($32 + tax + shipping), and I would much rather have a chrome Perlick than a chrome standard.

Exactly. Forget the shanks. $25 for the faucet alone is a good deal so even if you turn around and buy stainless shanks after the fact it's still a good price.

The chrome will be fine for me for now. Maybe I'll upgrade to stainless one at a time over the next few months or something.

Well, I woke up this morning and the money is gone from my account. They have my cash...now it will be a question of whether they will honor it or not.

I tend to think if they weren't they would have canceled all orders and fired off a mass email explaining the issue and apologizing. However the wheels seem to keep on rolling on this one.

We will have to see.

"Perlick PERL 525SS Keg Beer Faucet - Stainless Steel [PL 525SS]"

Chrome shanks.

Does that really make a huge difference though?

Mostly I ordered so that I could replace my non-Perlick taps that work fine, but do have their quirks. I'd planned to re-building my collar and upgrading a few things so it seemed like the perfect time to get started on that.

I ordered last Thursday and received my taps and shanks yesterday. They are chrome shanks for those of you wondering. There is not a problem connecting the taps to the shanks like the faulty 525SS's. Overall, everything looks great and is the quality I would expect for a Perlick faucet. Hope you guys get yours.

Found this at Tower Cooler dot com

"Unless you are dispensing highly acidic wine, chrome plated brass is the correct material for your beer shank. The brass conducts heat away from your beer faucet much faster than stainless steel, keeping your faucet nice and cool for a foam free pour."

Sounds like SS are unneeded. :)

And it looks like they have a pretty good product for a beer tower cooler

blackbear> what day did you place your order?

8/16. They shipped 8/18, way before it got all this attention and the orders started pouring in. I ordered the day before jww9618 but he lives a lot closer so he got his first.

I googled around researching taps at home on the iPad for like 2 hours one night and just happened to stumble upon the deal.

8/16. They shipped 8/18, way before it got all this attention and the orders started pouring in. I ordered the day before jww9618 but he lives a lot closer so he got his first.

I googled around researching taps at home on the iPad for like 2 hours one night and just happened to stumble upon the deal.

Just trying to get an idea of when I can expect mine to be shipped, I ordered on Sat the 20th. I'm in Ga and BevFac is in Cali, so it might be Mon before I receive if they ship tomorrow. :mug: I'm glad you got 'em!

Just trying to get an idea of when I can expect mine to be shipped, I ordered on Sat the 20th. I'm in Ga and BevFac is in Cali, so it might be Mon before I receive if they ship tomorrow. :mug: I'm glad you got 'em!

Honestly, I would keep bugging them if I were you. I honestly don't think they are backordered, I think they are just trying to stop the bleeding of a pricing error.

If they were just backordered, the price and "add to cart" button wouldn't be gone from the webpage. You'd think it would just say backordered. Plus, like I mentioned before, all the parts are "in stock" if you look them up seperately.

Honestly, I would keep bugging them if I were you. I honestly don't think they are backordered, I think they are just trying to stop the bleeding of a pricing error.

If they were just backordered, the price and "add to cart" button wouldn't be gone from the webpage. You'd think it would just say backordered. Plus, like I mentioned before, all the parts are "in stock" if you look them up seperately.

Thx. I'm in no hurry

Mine were delivered this morning. Dying to get out of work so I can go home and install them.

Received shipping confirmation today. Good luck to anyone still waiting!

Everything went smoothly on the install! My keezer is DONE!!!

image-3142114598.jpg

Back