• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Illinois Joliet: 3-tier wooden brew stand for sale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LandoLincoln

Reaction score
Okay, so I built this really nice brew stand for brewing outside back in...2011, I think? Maybe 2012? It served me well, but I moved my rig to my basement and went electric so I no longer need it. I'd prefer to see it go to a good home so someone else can use it. I would feel bad if I had to tear it down for scrap.

So here she is during a brew day. I call her "the mammoth."
0FNg5s.jpg

And here's the dimensions (96" long, 21" wide, 48.5" high):
ZS5b3u.jpg

I designed it so I could use either a big ol' cooler or a keggle for a mash tun, since at the time I wasn't sure which way I wanted to go.

I never did install those cross braces on the bottoms of the tiers. The thing is rock solid without them.

Here's a dimensional drawing of the nice ladder I built for it. The ladder is removable and can be moved to the side of the brew stand in case you'd like to use it to stir the mash from up high. I'm tall enough that I didn't have to do that, but some of my shorter friends found it handy.
0NbKqO.jpg

I used some nice deck stain on it and it's held up well against the elements.

The boards under the burner areas are concrete board, by the way. Never had any problem with the wood getting too warm.

Comes with a rope handle on the front for moving it around. Though I never did. If you need it mobile, you could attach some wheels to it. I just kept it on my never-used-for-anything-but-brewing back deck.

ALL THIS COULD BE YOURS FOR THE LOW LOW PRICE OF FORTY DOLLARS. Yeah, I put at least $150 into this thing when I built it, but I'm pricing it to move. I really would like to see someone else put it to good use brewing up some excellent beers on a nice summer day.

No, I'm not going to deliver it to anybody. Needless to say, you're going to need a decent sized truck to get it home. I'm located in Joliet, IL.

Back