Jockey box tubing length 50 vs 120

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jrowland74

Reaction score
Hello, friends! We recently purchased an RV and plan to hit the road full time for a couple years. I am trying to figure out how to bring my homebrew with me. I will not be bringing any brewing equipment, as I hope to meet fellow homebrewers around the country and brew with them. I am hoping to bring a couple of kegs to keep onboard my home on wheels. For this, I am thinking I can just build a jockey box. Here is my dilemma:

I came to the obvious conclusion that longer is better, so I was looking at a 120' SS coil. I would also need to buy compression fittings and rear wall shanks. Or, for about the same price as just the coil, I can get a 50' coil with fittings, shanks, and faucets. I already have faucets with shanks, but then I'll just have 2 more when we decide to buy another house :rockin:

TL/DR: If my kegs will be likely warm from riding in the underbelly of an RV, will a 50' SS coil be sufficient to get it cool enough to serve, or will I need to splurge and get the 120' coil?

Back