Jockey Box issue

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

callisbeers

Reaction score
I have a jockey box with two taps on it that I built. Most of the time when I use it for events the one tap seems to foam up a good portion of the time. Other tap is fine. I have tried 3 different taps and still the same result. Any thoughts? Could this be a piece of equipment, a shank, a hose, a coil? Or could it be the beer itself? Since I am generally serving two different beers could it be the difference in carbonation levels?

Have you tried switching the kegs when serving? That would be the absolute first thing to do. And the easiest. If, after running all the previous beer out of that side, you still get excessive foam, then yes there is something causing turbulence on that side. Are both sides on the same regulator?

I haven't tried switching just because of trying to serve beer quickly. There have been a couple of times where it has worked fine. I'll try something here at home. Good suggestion, should have thought of that. They are both on the same regulator.

Back