Jet bottle washer on kitchen sink

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bringitonhome

Reaction score
Hi-
I bought one of those jet bottle/carboy washer things and it turns out they are made to connect to a laundry sink or garden hose. Does anyone know of a particular adapter I can use for my kitchen sink? I went to Lowes, but couldn't find anything. Not sure if I just didn't know what to look for.

Does anyone else use one of these on their kitchen sink?

Thanks!

My Local Home Brew store has one. There is no reason Lowes or Home Depot shouldn't have one. Perhaps call a different store in your area? I would think this is a common item.

You should be able to get an adapter at Lowes/HD or a hardware store, just ask someone in the plumbing or hardware section and they should be able to help you find one.

More beer, Austin Brew, Northern Brewery, Midwest HBS, or your local HBS. They all should have the adapter. If your local HBS doesn't have one, you could check your local pet store. I have seen them in the aquarium department. When I ordered my bottle washer, it had the adapter as an option.

I got mine from my LHBS, but it actually doesn't work for my kitchen sink. I can't use the jet washer at this condo. I'll live plenty of other places though, so I'm just holding on to it.

I got mine from lowes in the sink repair area of the plumbing dept for a few bucks. Just ask someone in the plumbing department because it's a pretty common item they should know about.

If you can, bring the thing that screws off the faucet to match up the thread. There are several sizes. :)

Also a waterbed store would have the adapter. Basically it is a garden hose adapter.

Edit: Although the one at the WB store would likely be plastic and not as durable.

If you can, bring the thing that screws off the faucet to match up the thread. There are several sizes. :)

Yeah that's what I'm going to do. Last time I didn't have it. There were a million combinations of thread size, male/female. I got discouraged because i just wanted something that said "kitchen sink to garden hose adapter!!"

I figure that Lowes MUST have one that fits, right?

I second that. My faucet has a aerator that has female threads so i brought the aerator with me. I asked the guy at HD but he had no clue and told me they dont sell that kind of stuff. Over where they sell the faucet they should have a little board with various pieces glued to it so you can size it up yourself and figure out what you need. I had to look for a while because at my HD at least that area was vastly unorganized.

Back