Jerk NB Employee

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The solution is easy, stop buying kits, find a Witbier recipe on line and order what you need from another supplier. Everything comes to your door and you don't have to deal with a-holes at the store. Or maybe your are taking yourself too seriously?
Everyone has different tastes and maybe the guy at the store doesn't like Witbier and was just making a little joke?
I don't like Witbier either, but if you like it, brew what you like and enjoy yourself.
Don't let others bring you down, life's too short for that.

Care to go into any detail?

Long story short:

They got hacked and thousands of customers' credit card numbers were stolen. People started noticing fraudulent charges and asked around to see if anyone else might have been noticing the same thing, to try and figure out where it may have happened. Turned out a lot of them had recently been shopping online at Northern Brewer. They alerted NB about a possible breach. NB denied it. It became clear that NB was indeed the lone common thread among all the victims. NB continued to deny it. Finally, months later, NB admitted they had indeed been hacked, and recommended that everybody get new credit cards.

They got hacked.
They lied about it for months.

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice ....

How many chances do you give a company that acts like that?

I just honestly can't understand why this thread wasn't locked after it had been resolved.

With you guys posting such intelligent and insightful responses, we just couldn't make ourselves do it. I feel like a giddy schoolgirl on her first date each time a new post appears. :eyeroll:

giphy.gif

That horse still appears to be breathing. I don't think he's officially dead yet. :D

It's pretty clear everyone is missing the most important fact in this entire thread...........................

Northern Brewer has taps in their break room!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :tank::rockin::mug:

I would hope so. It's like never buy barbecue from a place with a skinny pit boss.

This. I would have found his boss and said "I just wanted you to know as I'm buying a kit this guy laughed and said he has never had a good one. I won't be shopping here as long as he is working here" or said you'd shop set another shop that charges more but hires better people.

Um, so the guy should get fired because he made a (not very offensive) comment about a beer style. Not about the customer or his taste, just about the beer style.

"Haven't had a good Witbier, eh? Hmmm, good point. [as you set down the kit ] Looks like I'll go back to buying IPA kits from AHS."

It's pretty clear everyone is missing the most important fact in this entire thread...........................

Northern Brewer has taps in their break room!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :tank::rockin::mug:

The Northern Brewer in West Allis actually has taps in the kitchen part where they teach classes and you can try anything on tap. they also list future beers that are going to be on tap next. It helps me decide which kits i want to buy. If I was retirement age I would love a job there. Get to sell stuff I love and drink beer all day the only down side would be dealing with customers that cant take a joke.

Back