JC Controller Issues :(

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sparticusbrewer22

Reaction score
I searched and didn't really find a post on this yet....

I just got my JC controller today (A19AAT-2) and it's manual says the deadband should be 3.5F (non-adjustable). Sadly, my digital thermo says (at the bottom of the freezer) it's more like 8F. I'm not sure if my thermo is off (which will be greatly affecting my mashing temps, not good) or if my regulator needs to be sent in for some odd reason. Or even if the way I placed the thermocouple is affecting it's performance. Or how to test for which is the real issue....

I screwed the body of the JC sideways onto the back of my freezer's collar (it's a 2x4), so perhaps that's the issue? I'm at loss here and hope a technical sage amongst you fine folks could shed some light on how (hopefully) silly I am.

Cheers!

EDIT:

By "it's more like 8F," I'm reffering to the deadband... Sorry for being unclear :(

I use the same one on my fridge based fermentation chamber and even though the dead band is an advertized 3 degrees the fermenter stays within 1 degree.

Latest posts

Back