Jaspers

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kialya

Reaction score
Ok so let me first say I am in no way affiliated with Jaspers (I am a new customer).

I ordered a few extract kits from them and they arrived pretty fast but one of the yeast smack packs was missing. I called them up and Jaspers sent me a replacement yeast along with 2 packages of dry yeast AND a Jaspers beer glass in apology! I was so impressed I had to post.

I even got a typed up letter saying that the glasses were brand new and I would be the first person with a Jasper glass in Arizona. :D

I am backlogged in brewing so it will be a few weeks before I brew up the kits. They look great and I am excited to see how they turn out :)

http://www.boomchugalug.com/

They're about a 10 minute drive from where I live now (in heavy traffic :D)... Was there just today to pick up a case of bottles for some mead that's coming due to be bottled. They ordered up the 375ml frosted bottles that I like to use.

They do have a rather well stocked yeast fridge there. Plus, they're much closer to where I live than the last place I went to (before moving to Nashua, NH). Good to know that the owner is someone that takes things seriously, gives out decent advice (up on current methods) and such.

The variety of his hop and yeast stock is impressive, especially for a small shop!

He's also willing to special order things for you that he doesn't [normally] carry. Provided, of course, the distributor actually HAS them. Found out [yesterday] that the distributor he uses doesn't carry the 5 Star Super Moss... :( I want to give that a try once I'm out of the regular Irish Moss. Guess I'll have to get/order it from someplace else.

It really is nice having a LHBS that's actually local to me. Previously I would have to drive 45 minutes (or more), each way, to get to a decent HBS. The one in Natick center sucked ass (poor/little selection, really high prices).

I grew up in Nashua. I'll add that Jeff stocks an awesome selection (for NH) of craft beer, for years it was the only place you could go to get a decent bottle without crossing the border to MA. Since I don't live in Nash anymore I'm hardly ever in there, but I've stopped by for some emergency kegging supplies and he had exactly what I needed. So thumbs up indeed!

This is not my most local homebrew shop. There are 3 shops closer to me but I drive the extra distance to go to jaspers. They always have everything I need in stock. No other shop around ever has every item on my list. The people at jaspers are way more personable and helpful than some of the other local shops.

Jasper's is also my LHBS, about 10 min drive. EXCELLENT service, always friendly (even when I show up 10 min to close with an extensive grain bill to fill, lol). Great inventory, great prices.

I had some issues with mail order yeasts... a brand they didn't stock. They offered to special order it for me and even keep a few in stock for my typical last minute recipes, lol.

A+++

Latest posts

Back