Jasper's The Crimson Abomination Red I.P.A.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SDouglas82

Reaction score
Has anyone brewed/tasted Jasper's The Crimson Abomination Red I.P.A.? I was thinking about ordering this extract kit and wanted to see if anyone had tried it. Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

Ok so this is almost three years later but I have this in the fermenter now. I just dry hopped after 11 days. It smells great, will let you know when it's bottled conditioned and consumed :)

Notes: the priming sugar they give you (5oz) is too much. It could have been better with 4oz. The taste is great.. although I just recently switched over to all grain (BIAB) and I can definitely tell the difference in flavor between extract and all grain. The red ipa had some serious trub that clogged my manual siphon. i ended up having to pour the beer into a filter to get it to siphon. i ended up buying an auto siphon the next day :)

I just went to Jasper's and looked at this recipe, looks good. Another one on my list of want to brew.

I've gotten kits from Jasper's before, and they have all turned out excellent.

Totally agree. I've used Jasper 3x and each extract kit was excellent. Squeezing the malt extract took a while getting used to. I will ordering more from them in the future.

I entered this into a competition and it won bronze in the specialty ipa category. Not bragging, but letting you know the recipe is pretty good.

If I was a better brewer it may have done better :)

Latest posts

Back