Jaryllo Hops Save or Use Them

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ArkotRamathorn

Reaction score
Recently scored 3oz of Jaryllo hops from a discount bin at an HBS when I was dropping off entries for a competition (along with 5oz of Azacca, inspected the packages and all were still sealed and were in a fridge).

The Azacca I will definitely be using as part of a double IPA this weekend in combination with Citra and some Centennial a little (a lot) of all three in the aroma/whirlpool. I was thinking of adding 1oz of the Jaryllo to the flameout, whirlpool and then to dry hop.

So question is, would you just save the Jaryllo hops for something else or just say "Toss the suckers in"? I've read several reviews that Jaryllo can be rather delicate so wouldn't want it to get lost in the mess of hops, but I recently got knocked some points on a black IPA because the hop profile was 1 dimensional (cascade and citra combination).

Back