Japanese beetle damage

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ruint

Sipping on the big cup of life!
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Thought I would share information and pictures with some of the "new" to growing hops folks for things you might want to know of, for folks that don't know much about insects, and for if you have been lucky enough so far to not encounter these pests and not know what they look like or the damage they do, then maybe you too! I went out to spray insecticide on these beetles earlier today, and glad I had the weather to do it. I didn't get really good pictures of the damaged plants, but I was able to get a few from the sidelines. They (Japanese beetles) are not enjoying the party so much now!! So...here you go...these next pics are of the beetles themselves...

074.jpg

075.jpg

The next pictures, most of them you will have to zoom in on and look towards the top of the plants...these pictures are kinda funny in that most of them, if you look at the plant that is to the left in the picture, and go up, you'll be able to see the damage. In most of these, the damage isn't super severe, yet!! It very well could have got there....and quickly!

7-16-17-1.jpg

7-16-17-2.jpg

7-16-17-3.jpg

7-16-17-7.jpg

The next pictures, most of them you will have to zoom in on and look towards the top of the plants...these pictures are kinda funny in that most of them, if you look at the plant that is to the left in the picture, and go up, you'll be able to see the damage. In most of these, the damage isn't super severe, yet!! It very well could have got there....and quickly!

I hate those SOBs:mad:

I remember when I was a kid they used to decimate a couple sycamore trees we had in the yard. They can do a lot of damage, good thing you got to them early.

Back