JAOM big trouble!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The orange slices soften down enough so that once the brew has been racked off the lees they'll often come out with the rinsing water.

Or the wire coat hanger trick.......

Check out this video. I basically did the same thing except with a towel. Surprisingly it works like a charm.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks! I'm headed home to move my JAOM to secondary and cold crazy to remove as much of the lees and bottle tomorrow morning, and take some to the pool with the swsnbfw(she who should not be f****d with).

GeorgiaMead said:
Thanks! I'm headed home to move my JAOM to secondary and cold crazy to remove as much of the lees and bottle tomorrow morning, and take some to the pool with the swsnbfw(she who should not be f****d with).

Are you planning on taking this batch to drink?

I was, but it's overcast and about to rain and will rain for 12 days so they say... So I'm leaving it in the fridge to cold crash and completely clear back up. So not drinkin it today

GeorgiaMead said:
I was, but it's overcast and about to rain and will rain for 12 days so they say... So I'm leaving it in the fridge to cold crash and completely clear back up. So not drinkin it today

I'm about to brew some JAOM, and from the reading about it I've been doing... It probably won't be good for quite a few months. Lots of posts about how it tastes kinda funky/off for the first few months, and finally gets good around the 6+ month mark or so. I'd think about aging those bottles and coming p with something else to take to the pool when the rain clears! Don't wanna piss off SWSNBFW with a yucko drink! ;)

While we're talking about JAOM, I brewed my first batch of JAOM three and a half weeks ago, I followed the recipe to a tee, and it's already gone from hazy to clear, the airlock is barely bubbling at all anymore, it seems like it's almost done.

The recipe said it would take just over two months, is there a reason it would be almost ready in just under a month?

Just thought I'd ask in here before creating my own thread about it.

While we're talking about JAOM, I brewed my first batch of JAOM three and a half weeks ago, I followed the recipe to a tee, and it's already gone from hazy to clear, the airlock is barely bubbling at all anymore, it seems like it's almost done.

The recipe said it would take just over two months, is there a reason it would be almost ready in just under a month?

Just thought I'd ask in here before creating my own thread about it.

If you used bread yeast then trust me there is probably some suspended yeast still. Also if the fruit is not dropped to the bottom then there will be yeast settled on it and if you dip a racking cane in and touch the fruit it will suspend a bunch of yeast back into the solution. Go ahead and move the batch to wherever you are going to do your racking and leave it there for another month or two till the fruit drops to the bottom.

Back