Jameson Stout?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1977Brewer

Free Dan Hess.
Reaction score
I have more Jameson than I'll ever drink. Think it'll work in a Dry Irish Stout with some oak chips? Should I just pull a Stout recipe that looks tasty and throw Jameson soaked oak chips in after it finishes? I'm running a no secondary rule because I genuinely hate racking. I really want a good Irish beer for St. Paddys, even if I only drink 2.

I don't secondary with my wood chip/bourbon aged beers. I think it will work fine. I would suggest for 5 gallons about 3-5 handfuls of oak chips depending on how "oaky" you wan it. Soak them for about 2 weeks, then add them to the beer for about 2-4 weeks.

I'm thinking a foreign extra stout might be a better use of the jameson...I'm worried that a little dry stout would get overwhelmed with the wood and whiskey

I'm thinking a foreign extra stout might be a better use of the jameson...I'm worried that a little dry stout would get overwhelmed with the wood and whiskey

I wears contemplating an Imperial, by Jameson is such a light flavor I thought it would get lost. Good idea.

You girls are missing the obvious. You have dry stout, you have Jameson. Sometime between now and St Pat's, hike up your kilt, get some Baileys - make Car Bombs and go break something.

You girls are missing the obvious. You have dry stout, you have Jameson. Sometime between now and St Pat's, hike up your kilt, get some Baileys - make Car Bombs and go break something.

This is what I'm thinking. I'm literally calling it C4. With the major exception being the breaking things.

Back