Jalapeno amber

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

citingzero

Reaction score
Brewing an amber ale this weekend and I'm planning on putting some jalapeños in it. I've read some recipes and I think I'm going to slit 4 and drop them in the last 15 of the boil. The I plan on dry hopping with 4 smoked sliced peppers for a week. Anyone like this? Anyone have a better suggestion? Just looking for a touch of heat and a mild aroma.

I had a chili pepper beer once....it was pretty good for about 3-4 drinks but by the time you almost finish a bottle it becomes a chore to drink... Although the kind I had was a more cervasa style not amber but I wish the best of luck to you with it!

Brewing an amber ale this weekend and I'm planning on putting some jalapeños in it. I've read some recipes and I think I'm going to slit 4 and drop them in the last 15 of the boil. The I plan on dry hopping with 4 smoked sliced peppers for a week. Anyone like this? Anyone have a better suggestion? Just looking for a touch of heat and a mild aroma.

I like the idea of the boil and the fermenter with the peppers. Also, if you like it hotter than leave the seeds in as they are rich in capsaicin. Some people deseed and devein their peppers and the heat is much milder. I am a spicy guy and like it hotter.

Latest posts

Back