Ithaca Nut Brown Clone

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redfox97

Reaction score
7lb 4.8oz Pale 2 row
1lb 1.6oz crystal 60L
1lb Amber malt
6.4 oz Brown malt
3.2 oz Pale Chocoalte malt

.5 Fuggles @60
.3 Northern Brewer @60
.5 Fuggles@15
.25 Northern Brewer @15

I mashed at 154 and fermented @68. Single Infusion, bach sparged. Plugged into Beersmith for the mash/sparge amounts.

I love Ithaca's Nut Brown but live in SE Alabama so I dont get it very often(my dad is in syracuse and brings their beers to me every year). I contacted the brewery and he hooked me up w/ percentages and OG,FG, and IBU's to shoot for. This is what I have come up with. It was my 3rd All grain that I brewed also, so yes it is easy for the new guys. I bottled after 3 weeks and it took 3 weeks to carb.
I love it. It turned out extremely close to the origianl. My dad and I sat down with a couple of mine and a couple or Ithaca's and we were really surprised how close it was. It is a very easy drinking NB and I will make it again very soon.
I did mess up and used regular chocolate malt vs the pale chocolate they recomended. Next time I will pick up the pale though.

Here are a couple pics

image-3090197652.jpg

image-2016502698.jpg

Hi. I see this a bit of an older thread, but, what were the IBU and any other specific details. I live 45 mins from Ithaca. I loooovvve that beer but $8.99 a six pack is steep.

Back