issues with higher carb levels

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elleric

Reaction score
I was wondering about the best way to work with high carb beers in my kegerator.

I have 4 beer lines and each has its own pressure setting using secondary regulators. Until now I have used about 10 feet of 3/8 ID line for each and that has worked for beers in the 2ish volumes range.

Now I have a trappist that id like to get up in the 3s and a tripel id like to get close to 4. For these id need upwards of 20-22 psi. So I pulled my existing lines and put in a 15 foot line and a 20 foot line for these.

Ive let them sit and settle for round about a month at 34 degrees and 16/22 psi respectively but when I pour either even through that length of line it comes out like a bat out of hell and I end up with a 80% glass of foam. And the tripel is closer to 100% foam...

Any help out there?

Ok, 3/16" it is.

You're trying to do the right thing, and indeed I'd have expected you to be able to at least serve the trappist on the 20 foot line.

Given you've served lower carbed beers without apparent issues, I'm assuming the kegs, QDs and faucets aren't suspect.

What kind of line are you using? If it's the Bev-Seal Ultra stuff, even longer lines might be required.

Where are your faucets located? (through the door, collar, tower?) Of those, towers tend to warm most which will aggravate foaming problems.

Do you have a fan stirring the interior air in your kegerator? (stratification can cause serving issues).

Cheers!

Back