ISO: Pliney and Blind Pig

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

barhopping247

Reaction score
I am in Florida and have some rare Funky Buda beers and cigar city at the moment. Would like to get my hands on some Pliney the Elder and Younger...and a Blind Pig if possible.

Funky Buda
Muy Bonita
Last Snow
French Toast

Cigar City
White Oak Jai Alai

Younger isn't bottled and is only released for like 2 weeks per year. Elder is bottled but can be hard to come by but not too hard in Northern California. Blind Pig bottles are typically only sold at the brewery. I'll keep an eye out...

Mmmm Pliney and Blind Pig! Ill be at the RR Brewery Wednsday! Cant wait!
Which of your beer offerings are worth me paying $20 extra for the shipping of 2 bottles? I Dont recognize any of them.

Brick. Last snow from FB is brewed twice a year. French Toast rare only brewed once. Muy Bonita only brewed once. All are the 22oz size bottle. Let me know what you think.

White oak is only in 12oz can. It's very hard to come by as well and only have one.

Ill research them.
And I cant include Blind Pig either, last time I Was there The limit was 6 bottles...rumor has it the limit is now 2!!! BP is my favorite.

Ill research them.
And I cant include Blind Pig either, last time I Was there The limit was 6 bottles...rumor has it the limit is now 2!!! BP is my favorite.

They were sold out :eek: on Sunday! Ridiculous! Dude said there's plans for a bottling run shortly, but no dates given...

AND Pliny was limit 6!!! The horror! :(

Good luck! You can still get about as much as you could want on tap, or in growlers.

:mug:

I guess I must b friends with the right ppl. I didn't get a chance to go to RR but some coworkers went this past wed and they came back with '4' cases of pliney, I think it was 6 and he kept 2 for himself. Also got 2 cases of some barrel aged sours.

He said I just I invited vinnie to come watch us work this weekend.

I'm not sure what is left but but every time we opened one we toasted with "drink it fresh"

As a side note I learned they use a malt that is not available on the home brew side of things. Home Brew coworker and I are working on that.

As far as the trade goes, we will have to wait and see. Not looking good!

Good haul!

Yeah, usually they "limit" at a case of Pliny per person, with no limit on the sours, so you can end up doing some damage there! I usually get a case of Pliny, 6 Blind Pigs, and fill out the second case with sours when I go. Good times.

The harsh limits I ran into we're put into effect that day, I think... Bummer, but they'll re-up supply very soon, I'm sure.

What malts are they using then? All of Vinnie's published recipes call for very available ingredients.

Cheers!

I guess I must b friends with the right ppl. I didn't get a chance to go to RR but some coworkers went this past wed and they came back with '4' cases of pliney, I think it was 6 and he kept 2 for himself. Also got 2 cases of some barrel aged sours.

He said I just I invited vinnie to come watch us work this weekend.

I'm not sure what is left but but every time we opened one we toasted with "drink it fresh"

As a side note I learned they use a malt that is not available on the home brew side of things. Home Brew coworker and I are working on that.

Back