Is this normal?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jc5066

Reaction score

I've done a few batches, all in a plastic fermenter. I am doing a Oberon clone. It has been in the fermenter for 2 weeks now. I am/was assuming this is the normal yeast stuff. After 2 weeks shouldn't all of this settled? Is this not the normal yeast stuff?
https://plus.google.com/105004572061401950563/posts?banner=pwa

Looks like krausen. Some yeast strains are top croppers and they take a lot longer to fall down. If you can, try cold crashing and it will drop it out. But it looks just fine.

Looks like a normal krausen. Let it go longer. Two weeks is to early to begin worrying. The krasusen will begin dropping, except for that ring around the top that needs to be scrubbed off.

flars said:
Looks like a normal krausen. Let it go longer. Two weeks is to early to begin worrying. The krasusen will begin dropping, except for that ring around the top that needs to be scrubbed off.

How does one scrub that off without contaminating beer? What's wrong with the ring?

You scrub it and clean it after packaging the brew in to bottles/keg. You dont do it while there is still beer in there.

Brewnoob1 said:
You scrub it and clean it after packaging the brew in to bottles/keg. You dont do it while there is still beer in there.

Of course. He made it sound like it needed doe now.

Back