Is this just a Fahrenheit version of the STC-1000?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WayFrae

Homebrew Enthusiast
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I was looking on Amazon at an STC-1000 and came across this controller and it is less money and displays in Fahrenheit! Is the STC-1000 also 10A? Can you guys see why this would not be as good as the STC-1000? Amazon has the STC-1000 for $17.70 so if it is better I will just get that. The Fahrenheit display is just appealing.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's not an STC-1000. This is a single-stage (heating OR cooling) controller. If that's all you need, it's great.

^ Exactly correct. The MH1210F comes in the exact same form-factor as the STC-1000 and reads in Fahrenheit, but it is only single-stage. I've had one running my keezer since December and it works perfectly for that, but if you are looking for a fermentation chamber controller this really isn't the best solution...

Cheers!

Ok. The description says it is used for heating and cooling so I was under the impression it was the same as the STC-1000.

Ok. The description says it is used for heating and cooling so I was under the impression it was the same as the STC-1000.

I can do both - but only one at a time. The STC-1000 has separate heating and cooling circuits.

Latest posts

Back