Is this grain crusher worth it?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adamjackson

Reaction score
Guy on Craigslist...$25 he wants for this. Says it's from the 70s. Should I get it?

WIhsb0b.jpg

Some people like those style mills. Personally, I spent the extra for a roller mill.

adamjackson said:
Thanks. I'm mostly concerned with capacity. looks like I have to feed in grain a little bit at a time.

Most people make a hopper and attach it on top of the current small hopper. I used an oatmeal can for mine.

With some tweaking, a corona mill works just fine for a mill.

One thing that a corona mill can do that a regular grain mill cannot - grind up adjuncts.

Take a water cooler bottle, chop off the bottom of it, turn it upside down - bam. Instant 7 gallon hopper for a corona mill.

with some tweaking, a corona mill works just fine for a mill.

One thing that a corona mill can do that a regular grain mill cannot - grind up adjuncts.

Take a water cooler bottle, chop off the bottom of it, turn it upside down - bam. Instant 7 gallon hopper for a corona mill.

thanks!

With some tweaking, a corona mill works just fine for a mill.

... Also, work great if you take off the handle and add a cut off bolt to the auger shaft so that you can chuck it in a variable speed drill.

This really takes the work out of milling your grist.

Back