Is this enough Pacman?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bradford0113

Reaction score
I am getting ready to brew Yooper's Dead Guy Ale clone with the Pacman yeast I harvested from some Rogue brews. The quantity of yeast in the jar (1/2 pint) in the photo was obtained from harvesting from the three beers and stepping up three times. This was done about three weeks ago and has been stored in my fridge since then. I am wondering if the amount of yeast I currently have would be enough for this brew (1.066 OG) or if I should create a starter with it before brew day.

DSC_0042.jpg

It depends on how big of a batch you are making.... If 5 gallons then yeah that's enough.

I would make a starter just to save some for another batch but if you dont have any plans on using pacman again then just pitch that whole thing.

This is for a 5.5 gallon batch. I've decided to go a ahead and make a one liter starter just to get these yeasties roused up and ready to go on brew day.

Latest posts

Back