Is This Circulating Pump Self Built?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

loxua

Reaction score
Greetings!

I came across this YouTube video () on beer line cleaning tutorial and am wonder if this pump in the video is self built?
8GNHm

If so, could anyone help identify parts used if I am looking to the possibility of building one myself?

Based on the video, main components consist of base, brackets and rods for frame, (don't know what the brass body assembly connected to the motor is called, or where to buy), on/off switch, beer line, barb fittings,...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
MOTOR -
I thought of using pumps from home fish tank/aquarium, however, the water in/out connectors are crazy big, (20mm and above). so reducing from 20mm down to 3/6" beer line seems like trouble.

On top of the pump/motor issue, what would be the recommended gpm, or HP of motor if say using it for 5 line tap setup now, and may be used for 10-20 line setup in the future?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BRASS BODY ASSEMBLY -
What's this thing called!?!

ON/OFF SWITCH -
This is connected to a short red hose. is it used as a protection for pressure bypass? too high of psi will trigger switch to turn off?

Any input or suggestion would be much appreciated!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back