Is this bad on a pumpkin wheat?!?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bwatts4200

Reaction score
I did about 3 weeks in primary/secondary, and then added the pumpkin when going into the bottling bucket, and it's been there for a week

image-1523708006.jpg

Doesn't look good. I haven't brewed a pumpkin beer yet, but I believe people add the pumpkin in the boil or at the latest in the secondary. Did you add it raw, or did you cook it first?

Yeah that doesn't look good!

My pumpkin beer has pumpkin in the mash; others boil it. Never heard of it in bottling bucket.

pumpkin beers have the pumpkin added during the mash or boil - never later on. Adding something later on brings on chances of getting what you have now : an infected batch of beer. My suggestion is to rack out from under the scum and off of the pumpkin slurry and let it sit in a dark place for a while.

why did you let the beer sit in the bottlng bucket for that long? if I bottle something it goes into the bottling bucket, gets its priming sugar addition, and then goes directly into bottles. Were you using the bottling bucket as a secondary?

just so you know, pumpkin adds almost nothing to a beer - the flavors are usually from spices. You might get some mouthfeel but not too much.

Back