Is this an infection?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alexmet1

Reaction score
Just slightly concerned about my brew. Don't know whether its infected or not.

image-3309896661.jpg

Thanks.

Looks completely normal to me. Looks like you're past high krausen.

very noob question, sorry in advance! but the brown stuff on top, that's yeast, right?

peterj said:
I think he just means it looks gross and gets messy.

Yes. Not YOUR fermentation, ALL fermentation. Wait until you clean that krausen ring. I still shudder when I touch it. Can't stand that crap.

thesmithsera said:
have you ever tasted it?

Tastes the leftover krausen? No. Should I? I've never heard of that...

I just can't stand the consistency. It reminds me of a dish that my grandma INSISTED on bringing to EVERY family function. She mixed jello with whipped cream and added fruit. I thought it was horrible. That's what the leftover krausen feels like to me.

Tastes the leftover krausen? No. Should I? I've never heard of that...

I just can't stand the consistency. It reminds me of a dish that my grandma INSISTED on bringing to EVERY family function. She mixed jello with whipped cream and added fruit. I thought it was horrible. That's what the leftover krausen feels like to me.

lol! I don't mean that it should be tasted, I was just curious since it seemed like you were familiar with it and thats why you didn't like it. I do understand now, i'll never eat krausen again !

Latest posts

Back