Is This A Stuck Fermentation?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

416Brewer

Reaction score
I've got two batches of cider going. One with WLP775 English Cider Yeast. The other is Lalvin EC-1118 Sparkling Wine Yeast. Both batches seem to be fermenting,, however only one air lock is bubbling. The champagne yeast formed a krausen and looks like it's active... But no action on the air lock. I understand that action on the bubbler isn't necessarily a sign of fermentation. I'm just wondering if this is a stuck fermentation, and should pitch another pack of yeast?

Your wisdom is appreciated.

Champagne yeast in front,
ATTACH]362794[/ATTACH]

View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1468980930.690545.jpg

Now I'm no expert but I think this would be a possible photo of a stuck fermentation. The yeast (Wyeast Ringwood 1187) was pitched Sunday evening around 5pm with the wort being at 75 degrees (F). The photo below is from minutes ago (over 48 hours after pitching) the wort has been at 68 degrees since Monday morning. No krausen ring or activity in the blow off. Usually there are bubbles in the SanStar solution in the growler, but nothing.

Yours looks good! As @yoopers said, leave it be and keep it out of the sunlight. Good luck!

View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1468983609.366380.jpg

Latest posts

Back