Is there a simple website that explains how carbonation works

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Metalheadfrommars

Reaction score
In full discloser I'm still only making soda pop to I get the rest of my brew gear the store I was going to get it is gone under. I just want to know how carbantion works . It seems to me I can just put the hose from my co2 tank on water and it will work

Well, carbonation is generally how much CO2 is dissolved in the liquid.
The amount that is able to dissolve, given time of course as it is not instantaneous, is dependent on temperature and pressure -- what is the temp of the liquid and what is the pressure of the vessel in which the liquid sits.

If you put water in a corny keg, sealed, and put CO2 under pressure, then after a few days (7-14) then the CO2 will have dissolved into the water at the amount given in our favorite chart of temp and pressure.

Cool that clears it up soon for around 1 month useing my soda stream I'd put exactly .9 liters of water on soda stream bottles .I thought the co2 tube had to be just touching the water.. lol it took me like 3 minutes to get the level right

Latest posts

Back