Is there a resealable cap available for plastic gallon water jugs ?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jokester

Reaction score
These that break off at removal - well I want replacements for them that seal and will break off when opened.
PS: I'm not explaining it too well. I want something like a soda bottle cap with the break away ring, they go on just fine but when you take them off the ring breaks off as the cap unscrews. That kind, except for gallon size plastic jars - or even soda bottle sized 2l would be OK.

Last edited:
Yea but I am looking for those 1 5/16 th OD ones that fit gallon bottles, those are 1 1/8th. Do you know if they fit a 2l coke bottle though for sure ?

I'm looking for it for a 1gal. 20oz bottles I'll need a lot of that I dont have. 1 gal easier. I actually will be fine with reusing the old cap I'm sure.

Sorry... I thought they were all the same. I've bought the standard PET caps for my Fermzilla..never knew there was a difference. (the last time I bought a bottle of Coke, it still only came in glass.)

I believe the 28-400 sold by morebeer type places. I wanted to know if that's the same as 2l coke bottle cap. More like 2l publix PET bottle cap. There's also a 28-410 (same OD different thread) That may be the coke one, while all the rest use the 28-400. Anyway gallon jugs like aquafina etc use a 35mm OD cap. So I'm guessing no one makes those.

On the coke crap being unique and different - I have a pint sized glass "mason" jar with handle, like I have 100 of em, the mason, the other one and the other one ... the county fair, the plain, the ones with handles, without handles, and all the 1qt size regular mouth ones - every single one of them takes the same lid except 1 coke pint sized jar with handle. If you ever buy one of those dumb things, make sure you get the lid with it, and then mark it as Coke or something, because in a sea of 1000 lids I never find its lid.

I'm looking for it for a 1gal. 20oz bottles I'll need a lot of that I dont have. 1 gal easier. I actually will be fine with reusing the old cap I'm sure.
I guess I misunderstood you. I thought you wanted something that looked "factory" sealed to get it past some sort of check.

These that break off at removal - well I want replacements for them that seal and will break off when opened.
PS: I'm not explaining it too well. I want something like a soda bottle cap with the break away ring, they go on just fine but when you take them off the ring breaks off as the cap unscrews. That kind, except for gallon size plastic jars - or even soda bottle sized 2l would be OK.
Check out U.S. Plastic Corp. | Plastic Bottles, Tubing & Fittings, Tanks, Buckets, Pipe, Sheet & Labware. They have pretty much anything that exists.

Brew on :mug:

I guess I misunderstood you. I thought you wanted something that looked "factory" sealed to get it past some sort of check.

Sort of - more like a check on me drinking it before its done or I should be drinking less - something like that.

Oh, let me go check, but I may just bottle it up with the reuseable caps and fight my will power.

Latest posts

Back