Is there a cheap way to keep track of temperature over a period of time?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pixalated

Reaction score
I am looking for something I can tape to the side of my fermentor and have it record the temperature every X minutes. Then, I want to plug it into my computer and see how the temperature has been fluctuating.

you can do this with a $3 temp sensor (DS18B20), a $15 arduino board, and either an arduino SD card shield, or a computer to log the data to. depends on how handy you are with these things though.

you can really use any microcontroller you want (stamp, picaxe, TI launchpad, FPGAs).

you can do this with a $3 temp sensor (DS18B20), a $15 arduino board, and either an arduino SD card shield, or a computer to log the data to. depends on how handy you are with these things though.

you can really use any microcontroller you want (stamp, picaxe, TI launchpad, FPGAs).

This sounds pretty neat, and I will look into it. I've always wanted to mess around with arduino.

Back