Is there a cascade shortage or something?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

F250

Reaction score
Admittedly I didn't shop around but when I placed my order today at NB I couldn't get 1oz packages of cascade, I had to buy a full pound. Not a big deal but it will probably influence my next few brews.

Hmmm..... might have to brew up an IPA. :D

Rick

I just saw 3 different sizes on amazon. 1oz,8oz,& 1lb. Midwest hase'em too.

This was on NB's actual site, said they was sold out.

I really didn't want to look elsewhere as I was ordering grain and yeast too.

Rick

No, there is no shortage of Cascade. It is one of the most abundantly grown hop varieties in the US. Hops Direct is selling them for $11.84 per pound and their website says they have 544 pounds in stock.

I drink enough Sierra Nevada Pale Ale to cover my share to create a shortage.

No, there is no shortage of Cascade. It is one of the most abundantly grown hop varieties in the US. Hops Direct is selling them for $11.84 per pound and their website says they have 544 pounds in stock.

That's a good price, about $3 cheaper than what I paid through NB. :eek:

Rick

I was placing an order from NB late last week hoping to get Amarillo for a recipe. They were sold out and I noticed they (NB) was suggesting Cascade as a replacement. Maybe that is what caused them to sell out of Cascade for the time being? Just conjecture.

just did a hop bursting all-cascades pale ale. dry hopped it today. the hydro sample tasted fantastic. maybe you could do one

Latest posts

Back