Is Red X malt contain pilsner malt...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Garage12brewing

Reaction score
I searched and could not find the awnser but since its from Germany the chmaces are good that the awnser is yes.

That would mean its better to do a 90 minutes boil ?

Thanks a lot

I don’t know whether or not it’s Pilsner based but I’d say 90 minute boil is unnecessary considering the Pilsner DMS worry is pretty much nonexistent with today’s malt. I think you’re safe with 60, 30, even less.

To my knowledge, it is a malt on its own and no mix.

I am not sure that its a malt on its own... there is grains that looks and taste like crystal malt in there and there is grain that taste like pilsner or pale ale malt... and the malter state that its formulated to brew beer around 1.048OG... I will probably boil for 60 minutes tonight...

I am not sure that its a malt on its own... there is grains that looks and taste like crystal malt in there and there is grain that taste like pilsner or pale ale malt... and the malter state that its formulated to brew beer around 1.048OG... I will probably boil for 60 minutes tonight...
I haven't had it for literally more than five years ago but back then, I remember somebody having asked the manufacturer and they said that they developed it basically by accident and that it is not a mix of different malts. They said it was a mistake during the malting off a malt that ended up too dark and red X was born.

But if that's true, I don't know for sure.

Last edited:
Back