Is pampered chef cinnamon plus gf?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pwellbball

Reaction score
I want to make a spiced ale for a friend of mine. She is on a gf diet. I was hoping someone could tell me if they have used the cinnamon plus in a spice tea in gf brewing? The bottle says it is manufactured in a facility which processes milk and wheat products. Just want to know if anyone has had side affects?

I want to make a spiced ale for a friend of mine. She is on a gf diet. I was hoping someone could tell me if they have used the cinnamon plus in a spice tea in gf brewing? The bottle says it is manufactured in a facility which processes milk and wheat products. Just want to know if anyone has had side affects?

Our fragrant blend of cinnamon and sweet spices, including nutmeg, allspice and orange peel, are a perfect match for apple and pumpkin pies, muffins and cookies. Add a dash to eggnog, applesauce and rice pudding, too. 2.5 oz.

There is nothing containing gluten in this product. But, if you have all of those things and they were NOT processed in a wheat plant, you could mix them yourself and be that much safer.

As always with cross contamination, some people will have a reaction, some wont.

IMO, this might come down to the difference between standard celiac and a wheat allergy. I can almost guarantee that I would have little problem with that tea, but my daughter would have a major problem. So, it depends...
I agree with previous posts that it is safer to diy with less processed ingredients.

IMO, this might come down to the difference between standard celiac and a wheat allergy. I can almost guarantee that I would have little problem with that tea, but my daughter would have a major problem. So, it depends...
I agree with previous posts that it is safer to diy with less processed ingredients.

There are lots of factors that go into it. Being celiac is certainly worse than just having an allergy, but there are definitely celiacs who aren't very sensitive and can eat cross contaminated stuff without issue. At the same time, there are allergy people who cannot.

It also depends on what they were making on the equipment before. Redbridge has some six packs that are terrible for celiacs, and some that arent. Chances are good that the bad ones are when they put there summer wheat through right beforehand.

There are lots of factors that go into it. Being celiac is certainly worse than just having an allergy, but there are definitely celiacs who aren't very sensitive and can eat cross contaminated stuff without issue. At the same time, there are allergy people who cannot.

Agreed, there are varying sensitivities of both. To me the main difference is that allergies are typically immediate vs the delayed nature of celiac. I don't think there is anything that says you can't have both.

The point had in mind is that wheat allergies are not necessarily just to gluten, and something can be gluten free and still contain wheat. Gluten free tea processed in a factory with wheat can still get somebody with wheat allergies.

Agreed, there are varying sensitivities of both. To me the main difference is that allergies are typically immediate vs the delayed nature of celiac. I don't think there is anything that says you can't have both.

The point had in mind is that wheat allergies are not necessarily just to gluten, and something can be gluten free and still contain wheat. Gluten free tea processed in a factory with wheat can still get somebody with wheat allergies.

Ah, gotcha. I have actually never heard of anyone with wheat allergies, just gluten allergies. That certainly doesnt mean it doesnt exist though. Though, people with wheat allergies could drink barley beer it seems...

This is the first I've heard of that. Source?

Well, cant seem to find my source of the people having reactions, but you can look directly at the redbridge page and bottle and see that there is no 'gluten free' anywhere. They always just say 'made without wheat or barley'. This is believed to be because they didn't certify their techniques to reduce cross contamination due to the costs involved on Budweisers systems to retool and clean.

It's rare for people to get reactions, but people who drink the stuff regularly have described getting 'bad six packs'.

Well, that's just pathetic. But I wouldn't expect AB to actually care about the health of its customers. Yet another reason not to buy Redbridge. The only reason Redbridge even exists is to put up a barrier of entry to prevent guys like us from making a good commercial gluten-free beer.

Well, that's just pathetic. But I wouldn't expect AB to actually care about the health of its customers. Yet another reason not to buy Redbridge. The only reason Redbridge even exists is to put up a barrier of entry to prevent guys like us from making a good commercial gluten-free beer.

Well, don't take my word for it. I searched again and cant find anything. I also know that the vast majority of people are fine, but I remember some people having reactions to it.

I dunno, maybe it was in my head... :drunk:

Latest posts

Back